Gnatwork announce a third funding call
Our expert Management Board have identified six project areas that needed to be addressed within the sandfly, blackfly and biting midge communities. For our third and final funding call, Gnatwork Members can vote for their top three projects before later applying for the funding.
The six project areas are:
- Handling and tissue harvesting of small flies
- Detecting pathogens in vector species
- Define optimal DNA/RNA extraction and storage
- Validate a field-based diagnostic in the field
- Test a trap design against explicit estimates of biting rate
- Test a novel trap design against standard surveillance techniques
The online vote is now open!