Infravec2 Secure Insectary Experimental Methods Course
Interested in conducting secure insect infection studies with BSL2 and BSL3 pathogens? Infravec2 are running a five day workshop (29 June - 3 July) at The Pirbright Institute to train individuals on the planning, designing and conducting of such experiments. Nine spaces are available on the course, with registration, accommodation costs and a travel grant provided to all successful candidates. To find out more, or apply for a place on the course, visit https://infravec2.eu/secure-insectary-training-call/.
Course modules will include:
- legal framework/consideration
- principles of risk assessment
- facility design and operation
- insect rearing, infection and incubation
- samples collection and processing
- good experimental design
The application deadline is the 20 April 2020.